The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Icon Animation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wish the Icon Animation for OF on the Mac and the iPhone displayed the same status. OF on Mac displays the number of overdue actions while the OF icon on iPhone displays the number of overdue PLUS due soon actions.

You mean the badge? I agree - a red badge should mean the same thing in both programs.

Unfortunately, we can't change the color of the badge on the iPhone; we can only choose a number to display inside it.

We experimented with showing the overdue count if any actions were overdue, and displaying the due soon count if none were, but that was just confusing because you couldn't tell what you were counting. So rather than drop the due soon badge altogether, we decided to try the current approach of adding the overdue and due soon*counts to alert the user to all upcoming or past deadlines.

But we're certainly open to feedback and other suggestions!

I've sent my feedback from the app - I definitely think red should be reserved for overdue as it's a very mixed message from the desktop app, and even the home screen of the iPhone app. Keep red for warning.

At the very least an option in settings for "Badge total shows overdue /or/ Badge total shows overdue and due soon"