The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sort Project List Alphabetically Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to sort the project list in planning view alphabetically? I know I can sort the main 'outline' window by alpha, but I'm referring to the project sidebar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
Is there a way to sort the project list in planning view alphabetically?
Not currently.

Curt

Currently, there is no way to do this, but it has been requested several times on the forums. Some say they prefer it this way because it enables a manual prioritization of projects by putting the most important things on the top.

I would love to see this feature added. Following the GTD style, this makes it easier to find the projects. Since priorities always change, I find it makes more work when trying to maintain projects in priority order. Of course, for those who have a different opinion, the great folks at Omni Group can make this configurable.

Well I put this script together a couple days ago to do this, and seeing as I'm stuck home with a sick kid here on New Years, I'll post this as a little new years treat.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6518

-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
Well I put this script together a couple days ago to do this, and seeing as I'm stuck home with a sick kid here on New Years, I'll post this as a little new years treat.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6518

-P
Thank you! It worked flawlessly for me.

Happy New Year.

Excellent, thank you!

Now if only Omni would see the wisdom of making this an inbuilt function of OF itself... ;-)