The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Markdown Support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In an ideal world, I would love to see markdown support in the note field. If not, could we think about adding some sort of rich text support?

For example, you might want to have a simple bullet list within a note. . .

I think this would be very helpful.

If you make your list in TextEdit, and copy/paste it into the Notes field, the styling comes along for the ride.

That is a good idea, but if you want to add more bullets you would have to go back to text edit. I suppose another option is to have something like quickcursor (http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/quickcursor) to edit in another application.

I would love to see something baked in.

I'm just telling you how it can be done now, not that a better way cannot be imagined :-)

I gotcha-- I'm just hoping for a more robust solution in the note field.

I agree with this. I'd like to see anyone who supports rich text to include markdown support as well.