The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
64-bit test builds of OmniWeb now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
I’m seeing OW 6.0 r.197504 crash every time a page with Flash plugins on it loads. Not on the initial page load, but once I click on the area where the plugin should be.

Eg. with YouTube videos I hear audio playing but there is no video.

Updated Flash player to make sure that wasn’t the issue and disabled any ad-blocking. The same sites seem ok in Safari.

I wasn’t having any issues with Flash prior to upgrading to 10.9 and downloading the latest test build of OW.
I have the same problem, made the same tests with no results. Ken's pretty busy now I assume so we can only wait till his next break.
 
i updated to Mavericks yesterday, downloaded the latest OmniWeb build but flickr, facebook or rottentomatoes.com doesn`t work at all...
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schallkoerper View Post
i updated to Mavericks yesterday, downloaded the latest OmniWeb build but flickr, facebook or rottentomatoes.com doesn`t work at all...
Not sure what “doesn’t work at all” means but I was able to bring up the home pages of all of them without signing in (I don’t have accounts) using build #197948 on Mavericks. I don’t doubt that flash doesn’t work on these sites since it doesn’t work on any sites.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Not sure what “doesn’t work at all” means but I was able to bring up the home pages of all of them without signing in (I don’t have accounts) using build #197948 on Mavericks. I don’t doubt that flash doesn’t work on these sites since it doesn’t work on any sites.
"doesn't work at all" means that i got pretty much a blank page, no pictures etc...
tried the 197948 Build, same thing there...

i don*t know if its Mavericks combined with OmniWeb 5 but since i started OmniWeb 5 again (cause i'm using flickr pretty much) i can't log in to amazon or other sites.

i have two flickr account, the main one i'm using with OmniWeb, the second one with safari. suddenly i was logged in to the second account with OmniWeb (and was'nt able to log out until i logged out with Safari)...

sorry, sounds strange but maybe familiar to somebody ??
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schallkoerper View Post
i don*t know if its Mavericks combined with OmniWeb 5 but since i started OmniWeb 5 again (cause i'm using flickr pretty much) i can't log in to amazon or other sites.
Yep, that's normal. OmniWeb 5 is definitely broken on Mavericks; many things (especially Javascript related ones) just don't work.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Zappe View Post
Yep, that's normal. OmniWeb 5 is definitely broken on Mavericks; many things (especially Javascript related ones) just don't work.
thanxx Uli,

thats "good" to know. at least i don't have to search for whats wrong anymore...
 
As of today’s build 198576 OW 6 development has progressed to the point that
clicking on videos, embedded or at the original source, doesn’t crash OW. It appears that videos whose source is Vimeo play normally with picture and sound. YouTube embedded and YT sourced videos play sound but no picture. Still can’t set all preferences in the general Preferences menu but I was able to set preferences on a site by site basis. I’m now cautiously optimistic that we may have a fully functional OW 6 within the forseeable future. Thanks again, Ken.
 
Yesterday’s build, 199837, includes fully working video in both image and audio. Still no ability to set Global Preferences but setting preferences for individual sites is still working. I’d say OmniWeb 6, while it still has a way to go to be fully functional, is now acceptable for use as a default browser as long as you have at least one of the ‘major’ browsers for backup. Thanks again, Ken.

I’m running OW6 on a mid-2012 Macbook Pro OS 9 ‘Mavericks’.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthomas View Post
Yesterday’s build, 199837, includes fully working video in both image and audio. Still no ability to set Global Preferences but setting preferences for individual sites is still working.
Are Global Preferences not working for you in that build? That's the build I'm using right now to post this message, and they seem to be working fine for me. (They should have been fixed starting with r199805.)

Quote:
I’d say OmniWeb 6, while it still has a way to go to be fully functional, is now acceptable for use as a default browser as long as you have at least one of the ‘major’ browsers for backup.
Anything in particular that you're missing at this point? (I think the thing I personally miss most is a command to load all ad-filtered resources from the page, like Load All Images used to do in OmniWeb 5.)

Quote:
Thanks again, Ken.
You're welcome!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Anything in particular that you're missing at this point? (I think the thing I personally miss most is a command to load all ad-filtered resources from the page, like Load All Images used to do in OmniWeb 5.)
The only thing I really miss is the integration with 1Password we had at some point.
I fear that getting it now might require some serious heavy lifting so I won't be holding my breath on it, but since you asked… ;-)

Corentin
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.