The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prototyping in OmniGraffle? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just started using OG, and I am beginning to realize the power of this really cool tool.

I would like to create a UI prototype. I would usually do this in something like flash or dreamweaver... but it may be easier in OG. Specifically, I would like to create a screen with various tool pallets... each with tabs. I would like to be able to click to each tab and esentially show or hide the other layers during presentation. I see that there is a way for me to link to different canvases, but is is possible to stay within a canvas and show/hide layers programatically?

Thanks!

Wolfman

Sure. Here's an example. With AppleScript, you can do a lot of custom actions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip switchLayers.zip (15.2 KB, 610 views)

I don't get it. When I put it into preview mode, and I click any of the boxes, it just ends presentation mode. What am I doing wrong?

wolfman

It works for me in regular mode (just choose the pointing hand from the toolbar menu), but not in presentation mode either. I think that may be a bug. I'll check with the Graffle ninja.

Ah ha! OK, now we're talking! I can see the possibilities here. So, I am looking at the script you wrote, and although I know flash and was an old VB guy, I don't understand it. Can you recommend a resource for me to learn how to do this?

For example, for one of the objects, you have this code:

set c to canvas 1 of front document
set visible of layer 1 of c to true
set visible of layer 2 of c to false
set visible of layer 3 of c to false

I can't figure out how you assigned c, or what it really is? did you somehow assign Canvas 1 the name c? if so, I can't find where you did that. The rest seems self explanatory.

Thanks!

Last edited by wolfman; 2007-03-30 at 05:03 AM..

Hi,

the first line is the one that assigns a reference to "canvas 1" to the variable "c"; only then do the other lines make sense and work:

set c to canvas 1 of front document

Ciao!

Using AppleScripts to show/hide layers in Presentation Mode now works in OmniGraffle Professional 4.2 beta 2, which you can find here.

Does the show/hide only work in presentation mode?
I've been trying to export html pages, and this functionality doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel
Using AppleScripts to show/hide layers in Presentation Mode now works in OmniGraffle Professional 4.2 beta 2, which you can find here.
I've just downloaded beta 5, but the scripts don't work in Presentation mode - has something changed?