The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I show only unread posts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to only show unread posts? I don't like having to use my brain to filter the plethora of posts to determine what is read and unread. I just want to see the new posts. I have the same problem with other forum software as well.

Thank you.

Try the "New Posts" link in the main nav.

That's cool. I totally passed over that one.

Although... I only want to see new posts in OmniFocus. If I am in the OmniFocus forum, and I click on new posts, it shows me all new posts.

It would be nice if it would automatically filter depending on the forum level I am in.

Also, it can be hard to see what the new posts are once inside the thread, because all the posts look the same. Some kind of distinction between read and unread.

I'm using the "Omni Style" view in the forums and I find that threads with new posts are sorted first and distinguished by a different icon. Clicking on the little caret or "v" to the left of the post title takes me to the first unread post in the thread. If that doesn't work for you, check your settings.