The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2.0 Wish - View Filter Tasks "Perspectives" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
sorry if this is already covered in 1.5.1 or has been discussed a bunch already, I've been demoing this software and ready to pull the trigger.
Curious if there are any plans for saving filter task (view menu) parameters like "Perspectives" in OmniFocus.
This would save tons of time and be extremely useful.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, I realize I'm replying to my own post. Just had another thought about adding View Options to a Perspectives function.

That's all

Jim

Saving multiple filter settings is definitely something we're considering for OmniPlan 2.0. I'll be sure to add your request to also save View Option settings in our request database too. :-)

Wow, a reply, and quickly too. I really appreciate how OmniGroup incorporates user input, very cool. I'll be moving my projects into OmniPlan today and looking forward to the 2.0 release.

Add a vote from me to have OmniFocus-like saved Perspectives (i.e. saved filters).

I'd also like to suggest the ability to have nested filters - like when creating an iTunes smart playlist and holding down the Option-key.

I would like this to be able to create more complex filters such as one that I often use for status meetings - e.g.

Show me tasks that have either (started AND not finished) OR (start date is less than today AND they've not started)

Thanks - J.

Please add a vote for me also

another vote please : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturtridge View Post
Add a vote from me to have OmniFocus-like saved Perspectives (i.e. saved filters).

I'd also like to suggest the ability to have nested filters - like when creating an iTunes smart playlist and holding down the Option-key.

I would like this to be able to create more complex filters such as one that I often use for status meetings - e.g.

Show me tasks that have either (started AND not finished) OR (start date is less than today AND they've not started)

Thanks - J.
Votes added for everyone. Nesting filters is something we're looking into too.