The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Javascript problem? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First I'm sorry if this is a double post, but I did a search in the forum and I didn't find this issue exactly...

I bought OmniWeb a few days back, and I'm completely pleased with all the great features that it has, as much as to make it my default browser... But I noticed some issues with some sites and OW handling javascript, OW doesn't react to some links that are supposed to open new windows... And another issue was with some secure sites that OW doesn't open... Safari (my browser 2nd choice now :) ) opens these with no problems... Are these bugs, and will they be fixed in a near futur update?

[[]]

For the new windows, what are a) your settings for JS in Preferences>Security and b) your ad blocking preferences? Either of those two could interfere with the opening of new windows due to JS if the characteristics of the code match e.g. those for a pop-up ad window.

Thanks Jonathan,

I didn't explain the situation very well, sorry, my fault. Here is a link to one site where I can find this behaviour, <http://www.priberam.pt/dlpo/definir_resultados.aspx> it's an online portuguese dictionary. When I do a search for some word that it's misspelled (ex: adonido) it gives a list of possible options to search, these options can be clicked and link to the meaning of the word that I clicked, in OW if I click in one of those words nothing happens... It's not a pop up window, it's a frame (I don't know if this is the correct term) that shows the meaning of the new word...

Sorry for this convoluted explanation, but it's the best I can do to illustrate this "bug"? of OW.

[[]]

Daniel

Last edited by corto; 2007-04-27 at 06:04 PM..

It is probably a regression from Safari in the version of WebKit that OmniWeb is based upon - it won't even initiate the search, nevermind open a definition. Hopefully, when OmniWeb 5.6 finally arrives (which will be based on a newer version of WebKit), this'll be fixed.

Thank you Jonathan, I will wait for the 5.6, but I will keep using OW as the default browser :)

[[]]

Daniel