The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiples Instances of OF Calendars in iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why do I see multiple instances of the OF calendars in iCal?

Best regards,

Tim Wilhite

Each context you define in OF becomes a calendar in iCal.

Yes, I understand; however, an example, OF: @Home will appear more than once.

Kind regards

Tim Wilhite

Ouch - that's not supposed to happen. Do the same entries show up under each of the OF:@Home calendars, or do they differ?

I've had contexts duplicating occasionally , that might be what's happening here . Each " new " context is creating a calendar ?

I just restore from a recent backup , but you'd probably have to deletee the extra ical calendars .

Yeah, deleting the extra calendars and syncing fixed this problem when I had it. Just back up first as OF's predecessor used to blow up data in this situation.

Thank-you for the helpful responses. I did delete the duplicate calendars; however, when after syncing a couple of times they appear again.

Kind regards,

Tim Wilhite

I think OF is tripping-up the sync server.

I'm getting this repeatedly and I've even had to re-set my .Mac sync information. My local Apple store has told me that sync problems are common with .Mac sync users who use a dial-up or GPRS connection. I use the former.

My only suggestion is for the ninjas to give us a scenario to re-set the sync info without loosing the OF info.

Would it work if we deleted ALL OF calendars and then synced?

I haven't done this in case it blanks OF. I never rely only on back-ups!

How does one attract a Ninja? Should we attempt to invade a village and wait until they arrive to avenge the villagers?

My advice is to upgrade to the latest build (93539), which lets you define how each context maps to your calendar list. It will start out without any calendars mapped, so it won't care what changes you make to them. (It also has a new checkbox in Synchronization Preferences that says whether actions deleted from calendars should be deleted from OmniFocus; you can turn that off to be extra safe, and in fact I believe it's off by default.)

You can then decide which calendars you want your contexts to synchronize to going forward.

Hopefully this will help resolve your problem!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2007-10-29 at 07:03 AM..

OmniNinjas ahead of the game as usual!