The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects displaying in Context view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK! I'm fairly new to OmniFocus (it's only been about a week and a half) but it's been good.

My question for right now is about the Context view. I have a Perspective that I saved for just Office (and all sub-office context) tasks. For some reason, I am getting a project - Daytona Beach - in the list even though I have NO active tasks (or remaining) in that project. I do need that project in my system since I know I will be adding stuff to it later, and it's not technically on hold, but I really don't want to be seeing it in my contexts view when it doesn't even have any tasks associated with it!

Any ideas on why this is happening? Any kind of procedure I can follow to figure out why stray projects show up in weird places?

Thanks!

Link with image that shows what is going on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparrowlight/5617282024

Last edited by sparrowlight; 2011-04-13 at 11:38 AM..

Quick first thought: you had set a default context for that project.

Other projects have default contexts, but aren't shown in that list. And that project doesn't have any tasks associated with it.

OmniFocus has a preference setting to display projects in the context view if there are no remaining actions in the project. The idea is that the project may be completed and thus need to be checked off. You can turn this setting off by unchecking Preferences>Data>In Context Mode: Show Projects and Action Groups.

We have a winner! Greg, that fixed the issue. Thanks so much. My OCD brain is very relieved.

You can see some background discussion of why OmniFocus does this at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=20039

Glad to get some background -- thanks, whpalmer4.