The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quickly updating perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm probably missing something very simple but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. I have a perspective called 'Current Stuff' which holds the 2 or 3 projects I'm working on right now (It's sort of like a 'today' list but I like to have the full project lists so I can get a full feel of the context and many items aren't sequential so I can chose at any time to do any one of them). At some point, however I need to add/subtract projects as my priorities change etc. Normally, I want to add in a project that I have already created but isn't visible in this 'Current Stuff' perspective. What I would like to do is just highlight the project in a different window and drag and drop it into my 'Current Stuff' perspective and have it become visible and then I'd snapshot the perspective to save this new view. However that doesn't work. The painful way I do it instead is to view everything and recreate the perspective that I want. Which is annoying especially during crazy weeks where my priorities are changing quickly and unexpectedly. There's got to be a better way to do this than start from scratch each time, yes?

Thanx!

Can you not just make the amend that you need at take a snapshot of {your perspective} from the Perspectives menu? I find that handiest when I need to apply tweaks.

Hmm.

One possibility could be to put your current projects in a specific folder, and have your Current Stuff perspective use that folder, instead of having it know about specific projects.

You'd still have to leave Current Stuff to move the projects around, but at least you wouldn't have to redo everything else about Current Stuff.

And in fact, you could create a perspective, maybe Project Shuffle, designed to take you right to a good interface for moving the projects around. So you go from Current Stuff to Project Shuffle, move projects in and out of the folder that Current Stuff looks at, and then go right back to Current Stuff.

Gardener

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Turns out the folder option works great. Kudos!