The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hiding all tool palettes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using Omnigraffle for a while now - generally I really like it.

However, one thing that constantly trips me up is having to move the various tools windows around to see the canvas. Unfortunately I don't have a big enough screen to avoid covering some of the canvas with Stencils, Inspectors, Colors, Fonts, etc.

I'm trying to find a way to easily hide all those extra little windows with a single keystroke - is there any way to do that? At the moment all I can see to do is press CMD-0 to hide stencils, then CMD-Shift-I to hide the inspectors, then CMD-T to hide fonts, etc. It takes 4 or 5 shortcuts to hide all. In other words, I'm looking for the equivalent of the TAB key in Photoshop...

Anyone have a solution? Seems like a fairly basic thing to have. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks

If you have OmniGraffle Professional, you can create a Workspace from the Window Menu -> Workspaces interface, a Workspace will take into consideration inspectors, font, color, and stencil panels.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Joel. Excellent.

Now I just have to work out how to actually trigger F2 and F3 on this keyboard without expose launching.

There's a setting in System Preferences -> Keyboard to treat F1, F2, etc. as standard function keys, that said we do have an existing feature request to define your own shortcuts to invoke Workspaces.