The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Compatability with office2004 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm thinking about using OG to do diagrams for a lot of the word/ppt documents I need to create. Trouble is, the cut/paste is a bit poor quality (it looks like its bitmapped during the transition). I would post a sample but the forum limit of 39.1k is kicking in and is preventing me doing so!

Is this an issue that effects anybody else and is there a way of getting around it?

cheers

ps. have just read the FAQ re: word2004 - doing the 'copy as vector pict' option seems even worse as it loose text from inside shapes and makes all the lines very 'jerky'

Last edited by pickpane; 2007-03-15 at 02:16 PM..

The simple answer is not to cut and paste. Always import the graphic. If you move the document between a mac and a windows machine, your graphics won't survive the trip if they were inserted by cut and paste on the mac.

You also get much better graphics when you import. Use the "insert" menu in powerpoint (and word). I prefer to use either png or pdf which seem to do fine on both types of machines.

Ron

Or use software which imports using Linkback... check out this movie from Flying Meat's site covering it with OG.

http://flyingmeat.com/voodoopad/images/linkback.mov