The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync Omnifocus iPhone with Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have Omnifocus for iPhone 4.1, and Mac 10.6. I do not have Omnifocus for Mac. Can I sync through Bonjour from iPhone to Mac as a backup purpose?

Having turned on file sharing and turned off firewall on Mac, Omnifocus kept searching Mac computer and was not able to find the Mac computer.

The OmniFocus app on the Mac provides the server that you are syncing to. Without it, there's nothing on the Mac to talk to, unless you set up WebDAV. Probably the easiest thing to do is to use the free Omni Sync Service at http://sync.omnigroup.com which is fast, free, the people running it know more than anyone how to repair the data if something happens, and you don't have to worry about running your own server or the potential networking headaches if you want to sync while away from home.

Thanks for the advice. I take images from iphone camera as note for actions, therefore it will need lots of space on server to store them and will take some time to upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The OmniFocus app on the Mac provides the server that you are syncing to. Without it, there's nothing on the Mac to talk to, unless you set up WebDAV. Probably the easiest thing to do is to use the free Omni Sync Service at http://sync.omnigroup.com which is fast, free, the people running it know more than anyone how to repair the data if something happens, and you don't have to worry about running your own server or the potential networking headaches if you want to sync while away from home.

http://sync.omnigroup.com

Didn't notice the arrival of this beta-service. Good job OmniGroup. I think it's a good idea to take syncing in your own hands making the setup process unique with this for every user. This should smoothen out things. That's the way to go.

:)