The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't see script menu in OmniOutliner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I'm trying to install the Omnishadow plugin for OmniOutliner Pro 3. Here's my problem: despite having checked the right boxes in the Apple Script Utility, I can't seem to get the script menu to show up in the menu bar in OmniOutliner. The script menu shows up in the Finder and in other applications.

I had tried doing this a while ago when I was running Mac OS 10.3, and although I couldn't get OmniShadow to work, at least I was able to see the script menu in the menu bar while in OmniOutliner. Having upgraded to Mac OS 10.4.7, the script menu is gone (while within OmniOutliner).

Having searched the forum on this topic, I also see that you're supposed to be able to put scripts into the OmniOutliner toolbar, but I've tried to do that with no success either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mgbcurry

Hi,

OmniOutliner has quite a few menu categories on the menu bar, and if you have a small screen, this causes some of the icons toward the right side of the menu bar to not be displayed. I've encountered this with MS Word on my 12" PowerBook, but with the 20" monitor and 1600 x 1200 resolution that I'm using now, this is no longer a problem. The only way I could work around this is to remove some of the other right-side icons so the script menu icon will slide more to the right side of the menu bar, making it visible.