The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone will not sync through MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using OmniFocus for a few months now and I love it. However, I messed with my MobileMe account yesterday and now I have spent the last 48 hours trying to fix everything. I finally got OF to sync on my mac through MobileMe again and now I am trying to get my iphone to do the same.

I will spare you the dozens of things that I have tried on the iphone but the situation is now this: I just reloaded the OF iphone app onto the phone and when I go to get the link settings (by clicking the "Share Settings" button on the OF Synchronization Preferences window under MobileMe and then going to my iPhone and selecting "Set Up Sync") it shows me my computer and when I select it it "thinks" for a minute then does nothing. It just stays on the Sync with Mac screen as if I never selected my computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :confused:

A couple of options:

1) use the Send Settings (via email) option on the OmniFocus Sync Preferences page. After tapping the button to send the magic message, you go read your email and tap the link you'll find therein. That launches OmniFocus on your iPhone and you just need to enter username and password for the MobileMe server. At least, that's the way it is supposed to work -- it looks like the data detector stuff might have broken it.

2) You can enter the data by hand. Tap on MobileMe right under Synchronization on the iPhone app's settings page. All you have to fill in is your MobileMe username, the path (Documents is the default), and then your MobileMe password when you first try to do a sync.