The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Midpoint Arrows? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

I'm a very new user of OmniGraffle & I have a problem. I'm doing a digraph & I need to connect shapes with connectors which have directional arrows at the midpoint of each line, rather than at the end. Anybody got any ideas how I can do this or can point me to appropriate documentation? Many thanks for any help.

Euan

OmniGraffle's built-in lines don't do this, but you can attach shapes to the midpoint of a line. (Shapes can be line labels, in other words.)

I've attached a stencil Joel and I put together with a couple of examples. Instead of using the line tool, drag a line onto the canvas and snap it to the appropriate shapes. Does that help?
Attached Files
File Type: zip midpoint arrows.gstencil.zip (2.2 KB, 575 views)

Thanks Brian - I'll give it a try tomorrow or over the weekend.

Euan