The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Clarification or Need Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am assuming there is a way to do this, there is a need for it, or I have not figured out how this exactly works ;)

When a project is in combination with another project there should be a way to have the system recognize the task is already recorded and link the two together. Example: Project 1 is to complete a job for a client. In that project are specific tasks of which one might be to contact the client for a specific reason or get a certain widget from them. Project 2 might be contact clients. It might be for a different reason or during a brain sweep it might turn out to be for the same reason.

When I type I need to contact Client 102 the system might recognize that I already need to contact them and ask if it is for the same reason or for a new reason. In the first instance a link should be automatically created so that when one task is done the second is also marked as completed. Optionally, there could be a reminder window that states (if completed out of order) you need to complete "X" task first.

Clear as mud?