The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Upgraded and lost needed stencils. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

I felt the urge to upgrade my OmniGraffle from my old v3.5 to v5 pro for the visio support.

Since the change, two of the critical stencils that I used which were built-in to my old version of OmniGraffle were not included.

After browsing through the content of the old App's internal files (show package contents) I found the stencils.

When I copied these stencils into my "~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils" folder and launch OmniGraffle 5, I get an error "File is empty or unreadable".

They are:
- Software > GUI Design.gstencil
- Business > Network.gstencil

How can I get these back? Is there a converter?

Thanks!
-Cheers, Peter.

Last edited by pbrunnen; 2011-03-30 at 12:14 PM..

Peter-
Hmmm... those stencils should convert over just fine. If you download a fresh copy of OmniGraffle from our ftp server and pull the stencils out of the folders inside the "InternalStencils" one, what happens?

When I did this, those stencils opened up and were installable. Graffle Pro 5.2.3 on a machine running 10.6.7...

<OmniGraffle App Package>/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InternalStencils

There's also an InternalStencilImages folder not inside a language.proj which has a GUI Design.gstencil file that will elicit the reported error...

Hi Brian, whpalmer4,

You both hit the nail on the head! :-)
"InternalStencilImages" was the folder I pulled from.

So I pulled them over from the "<OmniGraffle App Package>/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InternalStencils" path and they do load now without the error.

All but one works now. The last one references errors with missing images.

Thanks again!
-Cheers, Peter.

Hi Brian, whpalmer4, again...

No worries. I noticed the stencil files are also packages. I merged the images from the stencil packages in "InternalStencilImages" with the data plist in the "InternalStencil" stencil packages.

All good now.

Thanks for all your help!!

-Cheers, Peter. :-)