The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unactive Items in Project View? Help dealing with delegated tasks... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousstranger View Post
Ahhh, you have to individually select the actions. Select all doesn't work, because it also selects the context headers. This is slightly annoying and maybe a bug...
It depends on the grouping. Select all followed by focus works for me ungrouped or grouped by project. It doesn't work for grouped by context, grouped by project, grouped by any sort of date, or grouped by flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousstranger View Post
Ahhh, you have to individually select the actions. Select all doesn't work, because it also selects the context headers. This is slightly annoying and maybe a bug...
I'd report it as such. Omni is really good at polishing their UIs over time, so annoying or buggy, they'll want to know either way.

Curt

I like the idea of using the focus button but I too am only able to use the focus button in context mode by selecting some actions. Neither ungrouped or grouped by projects allows me to use the focus button. Is this a bug or something? I'm guessing that I can take the same approach by simply selecting all actions and then hitting the focus button?

The Focus button says "Focus on the Projects containing these actions." You have to select the actions so that the button knows what "these actions" means. Arguably OF should ignore other things selected in Context mode, so reporting that seems reasonable. (And if the UI is confusing, reporting that will help Omni improve the interface, even if it isn't a "bug".)

Curt

The following is related, but somewhat of a fork.

"Get the specs on widget X from Joe." would initially have a context of "email", and then "waiting for" after the email is sent. If there are other interesting ways people deal with this, do reply. Thanks.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibob View Post
"Get the specs on widget X from Joe." would initially have a context of "email", and then "waiting for" after the email is sent. If there are other interesting ways people deal with this, do reply. Thanks.

My Complete And Await Reply script is designed for this. You can get it from my software page.

Curt