The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to SVG with element IDs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm attempting to use OG to export a drawing to SVG. It seems to be working nicely, but after I export the SVG I'd like to run some javascript against it. This doesn't work, because none of the elements have IDs.

I was hoping there was some way I could set the ID of a node to something meaningful, and get svg output like <line id="blah" x1="7">

Any way to do this?

Agree, as it is now, the SVG export is kind of useless without "id" tags.
One can of course load the resulting svg into some other tool and get those tags, but those will likely change every time you re-edit the file from graffle.

I hope someone in the omni team is listening and will consider this feature for next release. SVG has been building a lot of momentum, omni-graffle is a great tool. Better support would make the omni-graffle the best product out there to work with SVG.