The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to get documents into a word processor? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I can't believe I'm struggling with this. Hasn't anyone actually tried using OmniOutliner as...an outliner?

None of the export options bring my outline into a word processing app without a ton of baggage or no content at all. I figured HTML would be my best shot but even it puts bullets into the outline when I've not specified any bullet or numbering stylings.

So I can't copy/paste, none of the export options brings a clean outline into a word processor.

How exactly are we supposed to use this as an outliner then?

Request (sent to ninjas): Support word processing formats (DOC, Pages). I already have a todo, database and a spreadsheet app. I need OmniOutliner to be an OUTLINER.

And yeah, CarbonFin doesn't have an elegant way of doing this either but it's also much cheaper. This is something I expected to be at least doable in OO. And please don't tell me I need to own the Macintosh version of your product in order to do this. I do own it already. It's at home, I'm on the road. How are those that don't have Macs supposed to do this?

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2011-05-17 at 01:00 AM..