The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SDK / iPod Touch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I decided I couldn't wait. I bought a bottom-of-the-line MacBook that I now take back and forth to work with me. Love it. I'm not even sure I would want to replace it with an iPod touch. (But it would be fun to see how this all fits together.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas42 View Post
I decided I couldn't wait. I bought a bottom-of-the-line MacBook that I now take back and forth to work with me. Love it. I'm not even sure I would want to replace it with an iPod touch. (But it would be fun to see how this all fits together.)
I am anxious to replace my Palm with the iTouch. Any plans to synch OF with the iTouch? I know OMNI has mentioned synching with the iPhone, is this the same development-wise or is the iTouch different? Is the iCal feature on the iTouch already able to synch with OF?
I just started using OF and I love it. I really hope that the iTouch will work with OF. I'm looking for an excuse to buy the iTouch and retire my Palm ;-).

I don't have an iPhone (ouch $$), but I will definitely want one if omni releases a full-featured omnifocus for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardP View Post
I am anxious to replace my Palm with the iTouch. Any plans to synch OF with the iTouch? I know OMNI has mentioned synching with the iPhone, is this the same development-wise or is the iTouch different?
Developing for the Touch and the iPhone are pretty much the same. It is the same SDK. Of course the Touch does not have EDGE and calling features, but other than phone-specific features, applications developed for the iPhone should work with the Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
Developing for the Touch and the iPhone are pretty much the same. It is the same SDK. Of course the Touch does not have EDGE and calling features, but other than phone-specific features, applications developed for the iPhone should work with the Touch.
I was hoping that was the case.
BTW - what is EDGE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardP View Post
I was hoping that was the case.
BTW - what is EDGE?
EDGE is the technology in use for AT&T's data network. It's what gives the iPhone and other devices internet access while using the cellular network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The synchronization code we're writing for OmniFocus 1.1 will work on the iPhone.
Oh, that is great news. I had been finding it hard to use OmniFocus because of the lack of portability. Nine times out of ten I need to look at my action list while not in from of my MacBook.

Mark me down as another eager OF customer hoping for an iPhone integration program!

Actually, I think EDGE refers only the older 2.x data network used by the current version of iPhone. I thought they used a different name for 3G data network services. If the distinction matters, you may want to check AT&T's web site.