The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Importing from Things or iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using Things, but Omnifocus looks much better. Is there an easy way to migrate my data from Things (or the iCal ToDos that Things has put in my calendar).

Can't even comprehend starting over inputting all my tasks. When I started using Things my ToDos got sucked right in to it from iCal.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at this thread for some information on how others have recently tackled this.

I haven't looked at Things recently. Is it really so hard to get your stuff out of that app? No export to plain text or anything like that?

-Dennis

I have a quick and dirty script hack to bulk import from Things to OF. You'll need to massage a bit afterward, but at least the data's there.

Get it at http://www.expr-i0.net/Things2OF.zip

Jeremy