The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

tips for using SmartMatch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to train or rank choices in SmartMatch? (SmartMatch is when you start typing a project or context possible matches come up to save you typing time)

I have a context called "office" and another one called "office depot." If I start typing off.., the office depot context has priority. I want office to have come up instead of office depot.

After some investigation, office depot was at the top level. When I nested it under errands, office took priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I have a context called "office" and another one called "office depot." If I start typing off.., the office depot context has priority. I want office to have come up instead of office depot.
I take it Office Depot was higher in your priority list? When two matches are equivalent, we list them in their original order.

It seems reasonable to me that we should prefer shorter matches over longer ones since it's easy to find another letter in a longer one that helps distinguish between the two. (In this example, I might enter "d" to match against "depot".) I'll look into whether that would break any of our other use cases.

Yes, when I moved office depot below office and nested it, things are working as I want them to.

shorter matches seems like a good direction— if I type od, "office depot" comes up right away.