The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Very Slow Syncing Over EDGE Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So when I make a change or try and pull down the changes from my WebDAV server over EDGE it literally takes over 5 minutes. I am guessing that instead of actually syncing OmniFocus just sends the entire DB to the server.

This seems like a non-ideal solution.

Thoughts?

It doesn't send the whole database. It only sends the changes. If there are only changes going one way, this should be pretty quick. But if OmniFocus is both sending and receiving changes, then it does need to do a bunch more thinking and goes much slower.

Make sure you've got the latest version of OmniFocus for Mac, as we've made a few changes there that clean up the data on the WebDAV a bit so OmniFocus for iPhone should be able to sync faster.

I notice in another thread that you deleted the database off WebDAV and your phone to start fresh again. That's what I would have recommended. Did it help at all with the speed?