The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[Fixed in v1.10.1] Keychain access & 1.10 and older OSes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You just updated to OmniFocus 1.10, only to discover that now OmniFocus wants access to your keychain. Every. time. it. syncs.

Oops! We're working on fixing that.

Meanwhile, you may want to go back to 1.9.4, available via this link.

Here's what happened...
In an effort to be prepared for the future, we've caused a problem for those of you who use OmniFocus on older Mac OSes.

OmniFocus 1.10 is signed with Apple's new Developer ID system. (http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain...tml#gatekeeper)

Every time OmniFocus tries to sync, it asks the keychain for your password. That works fine on 10.7. However, 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6 get confused, because they don't know about the Developer ID stuff.

Last edited by Brian; 2012-03-16 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: insert download link

One might wonder why there's no mention of this change in the release notes...

I just upgraded to OmniFocus 1.10. Big mistake. Now every time I start OF, I get this message:

"OmniFocus wants to use your confidential information stored in "idisk.me.com (name) in your keychain."

This message appears every time even though I click the "Always Allow" button. Sometimes it pops up more than once when I have OF open. How do I resolve this problem?? I'm running OS X 10.6.8.

Thank you.

We're working on a fix.
For more info, see this post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23707

This happens to me on 10.7.2 also.

Thanks for the info. I'll downgrade while you guys fix this. However, this raises the question, don't you test changes on older versions of OS X? Many of us (particularly developers) need stability more than running the "latest and greatest" version of OS X. Just my $0.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertF57 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll downgrade while you guys fix this. However, this raises the question, don't you test changes on older versions of OS X? Many of us (particularly developers) need stability more than running the "latest and greatest" version of OS X. Just my $0.02.
Unfortunately Apple is making it much harder to even do that.. For example, the "latest" iOS (5.1) can ONLY be developed on Lion, and I frankly don't want to touch Lion yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
You just updated to OmniFocus 1.10, only to discover that now OmniFocus wants access to your keychain. Every. time. it. syncs.

Oops! We're working on fixing that.
This is now fixed in OmniFocus for Mac v1.10.1.