The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Undo/Command-Z should reopen last closed window or tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've all been there--you're not paying attention and you accidentally close a window or tab that you didn't want to. Of course, you can go to the History menu and get it back, but then it replaces the current window or tab.

So why not let Edit-->Undo/Command-Z reopen the last closed window or tab? I'd like it, anyway.

I second the motion -- I just accidentally closed a tab, actually, and was looking for an undo feature.

Opera's implementation, by the way, is very nice -- with a "trash can" of unused tabs (plus command-Z to un-close).

Regards,
Dan Byler

Last edited by dbyler; 2007-05-25 at 01:47 PM..

I like this too.

Undo for tab closings would be great.

Also nice would be a warning on the "Close Other Tabs" command in the tabs' contextual menu. It's a great feature to have at times, but it's also very dangerous, especially being so close to the singular "Close Tab" command. Bump the pointer a few pixels too low and OW will happily toast dozens of tabs for you without a second glance.

I vote for this, too.

I vote for this as well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyler
Opera's implementation, btw, is very nice -- with a "trash can" of unused tabs (plus command-Z to un-close).
The best out there, better than Firefox, wich requires to go to the history meny first. I sent a mail on this request and got a positive feedback. Of course, the more people ask for it, the better :-)

I would love to see OW be able to undo an array of "destructive" actions. Using the history would not work well with my browsing habits. I tend to maintain multiple windows each with multiple tabs. I also read and delete some tabs faster than others, while opening new tabs as well. I do not guarantee that I delete tabs in the order that I open them. Since history is chronologically ordered by time of opening tabs and not time of closing tabs, finding tabs open long ago but just recently & accidentally closed are lost in the LONG past history list.

In for undo!

Speaking of history: I like the Safari possibility to undo History deletion. It is planned to implement it in OmniWeb?

I'd like this too. I loved it when it got added to Safari (can't remember if that was via Saft or not), and Opera's method makes sense to me.