The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to stop a line snapping to object in Omnigraffle? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have battled with this for hours, googled my head off and can't find the answer. I just want to draw a line from one place to another, and not have it snap to a connector point on an object. Then I want to rotate it.

If you hold down the option key while drawing, the line shouldn't connect to anything.

See "Connecting objects with the Line Tool" and "Changing the way objects connect with the Connections inspector" in the built-in help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you hold down the option key while drawing, the line shouldn't connect to anything.

See "Connecting objects with the Line Tool" and "Changing the way objects connect with the Connections inspector" in the built-in help.
Don't suppose you know if this can be set as the default behavior? That is make unmodified line creation not auto connect? My diagramming would be easier this way.

Thanks

Lee

Try option-clicking on the Line Tool, then unchecking the Allow connections to other objects box in the Connections section of the Properties inspector. Lines you create should no longer attach themselves to objects until you undo that setting.

See the "Inspect a tool" portion of the built-in help for "Changing how tools work with the Drawing Tools preferences" for more information.