The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Show in [Project/Context] View" Command Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Message of the Day for Aug 2 states:
"Added a toolbar item for the "Show in [Project/Context] View" command (which can also be found in the View menu). (It currently has an icon only, as we puzzle over an appropriate, short label.)"

Isn't this the same function as "twin" in KinklessGTD?
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=3641

I think "Twin" is a good name, or maybe just "Switch"

A big thanks for the toolbar icon whatever it is ultimately called.

Refocus?

Clarify?

Change Perspective? (slightly overloaded)

Transubstantiate?

Contextimogrify?

Actually, when in the context view and you want to view the project, wouldn't "Focus" be appropriate? Isn't it just basically Focusing on that particular project and going to project view? Seems like it would make sense to map this to the Focus button in Context view instead of graying the Focus button out in Context view.

Now, what to do in Project view...

"Twin" is a fine name until something better comes along.

My problem is that when it switches, although the correct item is selected, it doesn't necessarily show up on the actual screen, because I have to scroll up and down through everything to find it. Is there a way to get it to not just choose that, but to either select only the project it's part of, or to center the display on it?

--Aimee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
My problem is that when it switches, although the correct item is selected, it doesn't necessarily show up on the actual screen, because I have to scroll up and down through everything to find it. Is there a way to get it to not just choose that, but to either select only the project it's part of, or to center the display on it?
In some quick testing with the latest build, it seems to center for me. At least when using the hotkey; I didn't try the button.

If it isn't centering for you, report the bug with Send Feedback.

Curt

it works really good if everything is collapsed in the other view, if you have mucho items showing either way then it doesn't work as well .