The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Number of due items seem incorrect Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project that is showing 2 due items in the left bar but when looking at the project there is clearly only one item due. I set the project to have the due date and not the items so I think the number 2 is coming from the project and the item. However this seems like an incorrect way to display my due info. So is this a feature or a bug?

I've included a screen grab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocus_support_request.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	481  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
It is counting the project as due.

BZ
Yes, this is right. I don't know why it does this. It threw me off at first too. You'll notice that when you check off all the items in a group, the group item itself remains unchecked until you check it manually. I prefer OmniOutliner's behavior, myself, where the group checkbox is inseparably linked to the state of its child items.

I think the idea is that the project is a separate entity than it's actions. Just because all the actions are completed doesn't necessarily mean the project is complete. Rather than falsely mark projects as done, OmniFocus errs on the side of caution and requires an explicit "checking off" of the project (just in case you might want to add additional actions after others are completed).

If you don't want the project to show up in the "due count", assign your due dates to the actions instead of the project.

FWIW, I actually prefer this current behavior and it makes good sense to me once I understood the reasoning.