The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Charged twice for OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I purchased OmniFocus straight from the iPhone and now want to put it on my wife's iPhone (we both sync from the same computer). This would all be good and simple, but my purchase of OF doesn't show up in my iTunes Applications section despite constant backups and syncs of my iPhone.

To remedy this, I thought to go to the Application Store in iTunes and simply download the app again with the idea that it would recognize that I already paid for it. However, a prompt comes up saying that my credit card on file will be charged.

Is this the case? Any other solutions for getting OF in iTunes so that I can sync to my wife's iPhone?

It sounds like your computer isn't authorized with the store. Choose "Authorize Computer" from the "Store" menu in iTunes, and make sure it's authorized.

If that doesn't help, I don't have any advice other than checking Apple's discussion forums and/or contacting Apple support.

Thanks Andrew. Both the computer and iPhone are authorized for the same account and I haven't had the problem with other apps I've downloaded straight from the iPhone.

I am working off of this page now to try to find a solution.

I think I'm having the same issue, though it's not causing an actual problem for me yet. Several apps I've bought on the iPhone rather than through iTunes, including OF, are appearing ONLY on the iPhone no matter how often I sync.

One that does appear in iTunes won't delete from the phone - every time I try it comes back after a sync!

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-07-27 at 10:01 PM..