The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Request for new download interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Self-explanatory:

*Click to see full size*

Shout out to JKT for the tab and main window idea.

The download tab pops up whenever a downloaded commences. If clicked on, the full interface slides up in the main window.

The download tab can also be manually shown/hidden by clicking on the little button on the bar beneath.

Last edited by OmniGuy; 2008-11-04 at 03:59 PM..

gosh dude can you make that image larger, its too small to identify the details.

ive another idea. use the status bar (maybe double its height wile a dl is active) to show the details of the download and have the progress bar cover the text details of the file, same concept as the progress bar in the URL field in Safari.

Also please please provide some bandwidth throttling setting for downloads. My max is only 150k/sec. The problem is when I dl files from pages such as audio, video, OS X combo updates etc my total dl rate is completely consumed. When this happens on large files for over an hours it is not possible to even load a web page on my machine and the network ceases to spare bandwidth to anyone else using the network. I really think this is an essential function of any client software using bandwidth on a network.

here is a quick mockup of the idea

basically it's a strip of a file download taken from the current dl manager, i moved the bottom line "34.1MB download complete" to the top line along side the file name and placed the net address that is currently in "Show details" (unneeded really) underneath the filename, that frees up a load of needlessly used space. They could employ control click of the item or icon to copy the local file directory use a key command on the selected item of reveal it in the finder. Im have zero image editing skills so i couldnt superimpose a blue progress gradient over the top of the icon and file details but im sure you can visualize this by observing this in the Safari URL field while loading a page. teh current status bar looks to be exactly half then height of a single file strip in the download manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayon View Post
gosh dude can you make that image larger, its too small to identify the details.
Made a new mockup, this time with optional Coverflow to preview files:

(click on the image for large version)