The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Calendars Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Google Calendars are up and running but, as with a few other Google services, I've had some issues in my first few minutes of testing it with OmniWeb. I got GCalendars to work if I spoofed as IE for Windows. Unfortunately, FireFox for Mac doesn't do the trick in GCalendars and IE doesn't do the trick for GMail. I did successfully import one calendar in from iCal. Well, 95% success. I got 89 of 94 events in. I don't have time right now to find which events failed and why. After import, I had an error window pop up which declared an Undefined Value error occurred and contained mostly gibberish that looked like my iCal calendar export interpreted as text. A similar window popped up when I went to view the calendar but those were the only two occurrences for me and things did settle down and work properly after that.

You can be certain I'll be testing GCalendars more when I have some time. I even sent out an invitation. If only I could set different preferences for mail.google.com and www.google.com/calendar

Similarly, if you set OmniWeb to identify as Firefox you get access to the rich formatting options in Gmail.

I Id'ed as Firefox and Gmail did indeed have rich formatting options. But the back arrow still doesn't take you from a message back to the inbox (which it does in Firefox).

No matter which spoof I try - the custom Google home page does not know I am signed into Google Calendar. This problem means that the Google Calendar widgets for the custom home page never load any events or agenda items... Anyone have a solution?