The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File won't open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a new OmniGraffle document, exported it to JPG, and closed it. About ten minutes later, attempted to re-open the file, but get this message instead:
Quote:
The document “blah_blah.graffle” could not be opened. Conversion of data failed. The file is not UTF-8, or in the encoding specified in XML header if XML.
Am I screwed? or is there a way to edit this document again.

thanks!

Sounds like an old bug where you export to some format, and it accidentally overwrites the existing .graffle file, yet is actually the format that you exported to.

If that's the case, there's no getting the original file back. Which version of OmniGraffle are you running?

Ouch, that's a pretty nasty bug. I have Pro version 4.2.1.

Recommend updating to OmniGraffle Professional 4.2.3 from our software archive.

Direct link to the disk image.

thanks! I had "checked for update", but was only told of the new version (5.1.1), and I don't *quite* use OG enough to justify spending the $$ for a new version.

At least this wasn't a super complicated flowchart, and I printed out a recent version before exporting.

Thanks again…