The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Status Filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I'm viewing by a particular context, I want only the due/overdue items and Next items in a series to show. It seems, however, that I can only do one or the other. If I select "Due Soon" it shows me due/overdue items and, but does not show next items that are not assigned a due date. If I choose "Next Action," I can see due/overdue and next action items including those which are not part of a series. This is very annoying because I see many repeating items such as "pay credit card bill" which though technically is a "next" item. is not next in a project.

Is there anyway to see only due/overdue and next items that are part of a project? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbconfession View Post
When I'm viewing by a particular context, I want only the due/overdue items and Next items in a series to show. It seems, however, that I can only do one or the other. If I select "Due Soon" it shows me due/overdue items and, but does not show next items that are not assigned a due date. If I choose "Next Action," I can see due/overdue and next action items including those which are not part of a series. This is very annoying because I see many repeating items such as "pay credit card bill" which though technically is a "next" item. is not next in a project.

Is there anyway to see only due/overdue and next items that are part of a project? Thanks in advance.
The "Due" and "Due or Flagged" perspectives are only available in context views for now. So I don't believe there's a way to do what you want, no.

Feature request! (via email)

'Due Soon' is available in project mode.

Quote:
If I choose "Next Action," I can see due/overdue and next action items including those which are not part of a series. This is very annoying because I see many repeating items such as "pay credit card bill" which though technically is a "next" item. is not next in a project.
I'm not following you here. What is a series? And how is something technically a "next" item but not next in a project? If you have a parallel project, you may have multiple next actions, but only the first will be shown. If you have a single-action list, everything will be a next action, and they will all be shown, because they are assumed to be independent (with the parallel project, the first item is assumed to be the most important because it is first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
'Due Soon' is available in project mode.

I'm not following you here. What is a series? And how is something technically a "next" item but not next in a project? If you have a parallel project, you may have multiple next actions, but only the first will be shown. If you have a single-action list, everything will be a next action, and they will all be shown, because they are assumed to be independent (with the parallel project, the first item is assumed to be the most important because it is first).
I have some items like "take garbage out" as a repetable action. I don't Want to see this until the due date is approaching but if I use the "next" filter it does show because technically it is next since it's a single action in the "various single actions" project.

Some of my single actions are not assigned a due date because I want to do them as soon as I am at the relevant context. It, however, I switch the status filter to "due" so that the "next" single actions that aren't due yet don't show, it also filters out the single actions with no due date that I want to do asap. I hope this clarifies my dillema. Thanks.

Are you putting start dates on these actions you don't want to see? If the pickup is on Friday morning, there's not much point in seeing it on the list before Thursday night, right? It won't show up as a next action if it isn't past the start date/time.