The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crashing bug in OmniFocus for iPhone 1.6.2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
UPDATE: The problem has been identified. Follow this link to get your database opening again and to learn more about what's causing the problem.

Since the 1.6.2 version went up on the app store, we've received reports of folks getting stuck and crashing during the "Optimizing Database" stage. We're really sorry for the inconvenience these crashes are causing!

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem on any of our test devices, but the information we've gathered so far seems to indicate that the problem is in some way time-related.

In order to determine exactly what's wrong and fix the issue, it would be tremendously helpful to sync the crashing device with iTunes, then look for files with "OmniFocus" in their name in any folders inside in these locations one on the computer:

On a Mac: <your home folder>/Library/Logs/Crash Reporter/MobileDevice

On a Windows computer: C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Apple Computers\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice

(That's where the iPhone crash reports are placed when you sync your phone with iTunes.)

Sending along any OmniFocus crash reports you find there to the Support Ninjas will help tremendously in determining exactly what's happening so we can get this fixed.

Again, we're very, very sorry for the trouble this is causing!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-04-22 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Thanks to your crash reports, we've identified the problem's cause

I'm having this issue. Changing the time on the phone didn't fix the issue. Help! I can't open OF on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
On a Windows computer: C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Apple Computers\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice

(That's where the iPhone crash reports are placed when you sync your phone with iTunes.)
The above directory does not exist on my computer (Windows 7).

I found my iTunes crash reports in this directory: "C:\Users\[...]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\My iPod Touch\"

Also crashing for me. Was working up until about 6pm this evening, Tried again just about 10 minutes ago and now I get the consistent crash and cannot open OF on my iPod Touch at all. Mac OS 10.5.8 No time changes and trying to reset the clock on my iPod Touch didn't work. I was not doing automatic time stuff. Will try more debug tomorrow.

Mine started crashing this evening also (first crash report around 6:20pm PST). I wasn't traveling or manipulating the time/date on my device in any purposeful way. I submitted crash reports to the ninjas.

Regards,
Lee

Last edited by lcantey; 2010-04-21 at 10:11 PM..

Note that a workaround is posted in http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15997 so take a look there if you're having the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcantey View Post
Note that a workaround is posted in http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15997 so take a look there if you're having the same issue.
That fixed my problem, thanks!

The link fixed my problem also. Thank you very much.

I'm sure this is obvious to everyone ... except to me before I had my first cup of coffee this morning ... but you have to do this from Safari on the iPhone.