The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Recently closed windows or tabs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to have the chance to re-open recently closed windows or tabs like Firefox has it.

Thanks, Hans
 
I'd love this too. If just closing the window it opens up again where you were.

Complete shut down could be back to start page, but sometimes I just like to clear my screen, but want to go back to where I was when launching again without having to remember to take a screenshot.
 
I was thinking of something similar just the other day (as evidently I am accidentally closing windows and tabs more and more often...), which was adding an "undo" function to the closing of tabs and/or windows.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm View Post
I'd like to have the chance to re-open recently closed windows or tabs
I second the request (both Safari and FF have that feature). It's especially useful when the browser suddenly crash... With OMNIWEB one lose track of all open sessions (going back in history might not be very practical as windows might have been opened several days before). With Safari one just Reopen All Windows From Last Session or resp. Restore All Windows with FF.

Please, do implement something with the same functionality.

Thank you in advance.

Ivo
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
I second the request (both Safari and FF have that feature). It's especially useful when the browser suddenly crash... With OMNIWEB one lose track of all open sessions (going back in history might not be very practical as windows might have been opened several days before). With Safari one just Reopen All Windows From Last Session or resp. Restore All Windows with FF.
Bring up the Workspaces window with Workspace->Show Workspaces. Check the Auto-save while browsing button at the bottom. Now OmniWeb will keep your windows intact without you having to ask for it (it's a real bummer if you accidentally have Safari launch and quit before you've done the Reopen All Windows command!) and often it even manages to restore forms that you've only partially filled out!

The Workspace feature set blows away anything similar I've seen in Safari or Firefox. See the Using Workspaces topic in the OmniWeb Help.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Bring up the Workspaces window with Workspace->Show Workspaces. Check the Auto-save while browsing button at the bottom. Now OmniWeb will keep your windows intact without you having to ask for it (it's a real bummer if you accidentally have Safari launch and quit before you've done the Reopen All Windows command!) and often it even manages to restore forms that you've only partially filled out!

The Workspace feature set blows away anything similar I've seen in Safari or Firefox. See the Using Workspaces topic in the OmniWeb Help.
wmpalmer4, thank you so much for the tip! True for Safari accidental lunch&quit, could be very frustrating
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Bring up the Workspaces window with Workspace->Show Workspaces. Check the Auto-save while browsing button at the bottom. Now OmniWeb will keep your windows intact without you having to ask for it (it's a real bummer if you accidentally have Safari launch and quit before you've done the Reopen All Windows command!) and often it even manages to restore forms that you've only partially filled out!

The Workspace feature set blows away anything similar I've seen in Safari or Firefox. See the Using Workspaces topic in the OmniWeb Help.
Unfortunately that still doesn't address the "Undo (Open) Last Close Operation" (whether it be a Window or a Tab). Too often I find myself closing a bunch of windows and instantly wanting to re-open the last one. Often over-shooting myself by one window/tab close. And then not knowing what I just closed because I closed it so fast. Also, looking through the history is no good to me, since I don't know what that last window/tab was. (Same goes for typing in the address bar for recent pages,.... since I don't know what it was.) Sometimes I accidentally close a window of tabs too. I know this feature in Safari and Chrome has saved my butt a bunch of times. I'd like to see it in OmniWeb.

My web browsing usually consists of 200+ tabs open at a time. This is why I use OmniWeb instead of other browsers.

I also request that the "Reopen Last Closed Window/Tab" option be available. This can be just integrated into "Edit > Undo" as an Undo item instead of cluttering up the menu, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by BrianKrent; 2012-01-14 at 01:25 PM..
 
Yeah, I'm likely to have about that many tabs open at once, too. I'm a little more deliberate with my window closing, though. Why are you in such a rush that you end up closing windows you want to keep?

Nothing wrong with the request (you should be sure to use Help->Send Feedback to send in an official one), but given the backlog of requests they have for features on the paid products, they probably aren't going to be spending time on anything but the most requested features for the free ones (like OmniWeb), and then only if they can be done quickly, or benefit just about everyone (new WebKit versions, for example).
 
just go to history and then goto recently closed tabs you will find the closed websites.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickey121 View Post
just go to history and then goto recently closed tabs you will find the closed websites.
I don't see where "Recently closed tabs" is. All I see is the history of when I opened the the pages. (The problem is, I leave groups of 100+ tabs open for days. History becomes largely useless for me.) The "Reopen last closed window/tab" solves this for me. To be honest, it can just be integrated in as an Undo action instead of cluttering up the menu.

Also, I have problems where my hand twitches sometimes and I accidentally click the close box on a tab. (I just did that today in OmniWeb and I have no idea what it specifically it was. I know it was an article on Holographic Algorithms that I was going to read, but specifically, not sure.) Again, a simple "Undo" would solve this problem.

Last edited by BrianKrent; 2012-01-14 at 01:15 PM..
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tabs, windows and mini viewer FabienLydoire OmniFocus 2 for Mac (Private Test) 6 2013-04-17 06:14 AM
Feature request: recently closed tabs mbert OmniWeb General 2 2012-01-12 04:36 PM
Put Windows in Tabs? MrBobDobolina OmniWeb General 3 2007-03-12 06:54 PM
Option for closing windows with multiple tabs Forrest OmniWeb Feature Requests 1 2006-06-08 04:06 PM
Pop up windows in new tabs? Mindflayer OmniWeb Feature Requests 12 2006-05-06 08:39 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.