The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.7 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus 1.7 is a major update to OmniFocus which adds new high-resolution artwork and adds support for multitasking features introduced in iOS 4. We hope you enjoy this update, and we look forward to your feedback!

Design
  • In preparation for the new high-resolution display on iPhone 4 we've refreshed all of the artwork in OmniFocus. We hope you like the new look!

Multitasking on iOS 4
  • OmniFocus now uses local notifications to present due alerts when running on iOS 4 or later, so you can receive alerts for due tasks even if you're not syncing with a server. (Synced calendar alerts are still available for devices which are running earlier versions of the operating system.)
  • OmniFocus is now a multitasking-aware application, allowing it to be quickly suspended and resumed on iOS 4.
  • OmniFocus can complete some operations in the background on iOS 4, such as optimizing its database.

General
  • The Completed perspective now includes items from completed projects, not just active projects.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented audio from recording in OmniFocus 1.6.5.
  • Fixed a crash when tapping "Save" while audio recording was still in progress.

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-08-16 at 09:25 AM..

Let me be the first to say -- this is gorgeous on the new iPhone! Great work for a free update. Now off to see how it looks on the iPad! (Edit... Hmm... I thought the high res was supposed to not look jagged on the 2x iPad version - am I missing something?)

Last edited by wolfneuralnet; 2010-06-23 at 11:34 AM..

Nice work Ken! Looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfneuralnet View Post
Let me be the first to say -- this is gorgeous on the new iPhone! Great work for a free update. Now off to see how it looks on the iPad! (Edit... Hmm... I thought the high res was supposed to not look jagged on the 2x iPad version - am I missing something?)
It's still being upscaled since it is running in emulation mode. Ken is talking about the upcoming iPad native version which will not look jagged.

Looks very, very nice! I'm still on a 3GS but hopefully can get the shiny new phone soon :-)

You may want to consider updating the screen shots on iTunes… they show the older interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgallant View Post
It's still being upscaled since it is running in emulation mode. Ken is talking about the upcoming iPad native version which will not look jagged.
Right -- but I thought the new resolution and updated apps would now look better when they are in 2X emulation mode on the iPad. Perhaps I misunderstood this when they announced it, or this is coming with iPad iOS4. Any clarification Ken? Love the new icon BTW.

Looks great.
Only the icons for projects (single, parallel, seq.) look too similar. The last color difference was more useful for me.
Maybe you should divide the icon for parallel and sequential projects. It helps to know the type without editing it.

Radek

You've misunderstood, alas. 2x resolution is for iPhone 4. It has no effect on iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
You've misunderstood, alas. 2x resolution is for iPhone 4. It has no effect on iPad.
Alas, I haven't misunderstood. ;)

I realize 2X res is for iPhone screen. The point is if you have now programmed your app for an 960X640 screen, its should look very good on the iPad, which is 1024X768. If the emulator for 3.2 for the iPad doesn't allow it to display this way, fine, but the resolution was supposed to translate from what I understood from some of the initial chatter. Hopefully this will be taken care of in iOS4 for the iPad, but in the meantime, I guess I will keep waiting for OF for the iPad.