The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outliner kGTD to Omniplan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to export kGTD projects into OmniPlan. Opening the entire file results in the same problem (see below) - all dates for the tasks don't take and are reset to today's date (even though the Outliner columns are date columns).

Any ideas would be terrific. Thanks!

My original problem:
Hello,

I've been trying for an hour to import a list of tasks and dates I created in Outliner Pro into a new project in OmniPlan (and Merlin and Process). For some reason, none of the programs "take" the dates. Each task is instead assigned a date of 9/18/06 (today's date). This is the same for both programs so I'm almost certain it has something to do with Outliner.

A little more detail:

1) I create the project tasks in Outliner using simple columns: (Topic, Start, End).
2) I saved and/or exported the file as Outliner3, Outliner2, OPML.
3) I re-open or import the Outliner document. All the tasks appear, including notes, but the start and end dates are set to today's date rather than what I indicated in Outliner.

This is driving me nuts. Any ideas?

BTW - I'm trying to pick the "perfect" project software that would feed off the kGTD system I'm using in Outliner and remain in sync with iCal. Any thoughts on that would be most welcomed too.

THANKS!

1) Do you have an unusual date format?
2) Have you sent an example file to omniplan@omnigroup.com?

I just created an Outliner file with task names and start dates and imported it into OmniPlan and the dates were retained just fine. Unless kGTD is doing something that confuses our importer.......

I'm also trying to use KGTD and Omniplan together. I'd like to drag and drop from omniplan to KGTD. It doesn't seem to work. any ideas would be appreciated.