The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Backups of Archives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just started using archives for my Omnifocus projects/tasks. Do I need to separately backup these files or does "File --> Backup Database" also backup archives?

Assuming that archives are not backed up, can we change the default location?

I only care because I put all of my Omnifocus backups into a special folder I know gets backed up through an on-line service.

Thanks for your help,
Athas

Looks like we have an open feature request on the ability to relocate the Archive - folks that would like to see this added should email the support ninjas and let them know so we can vote that request up in the database.

Backups are saved snapshots of the active database, but backing up the archive (now that you point it out) would probably make a lot of sense. Doesn't look like anyone else has emailed us about that, so new feature request filed. You should mention that in your email, too. :-)

Thanks!