The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

feedback in status bar for pressing buttons Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When you press a button on a web site, there is no feedback in the status bar, such as "Waiting for ..." as in Firefox. I find this useful to avoid double clicking a button. There is the status indicator in the navigation bar, but it's not as good I don't think, and I'd prefer to get rid of it but now I need it.

Is this truly necessary? When you click on something, it becomes surrounded by a blue box. Does there have to be two methods of notification?

There's always the activity monitor if you want the specific details.

I don't think the blue box works every time, I'll have to check next time. And I'm not interested in the details, just whether the click went through.

So doesn't the status indicator do that? You mention you don't like it, but I'm not sure what the exact issue you have with it is. It does provide feedback that the click did go through.