The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email notification of reply / replies Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just joined this forum yesterday and have had great responses on various topics from Omni support and forum members.

However, I was expecting that the forum software would send me a email notification when someone replies to a post of mine, and that this would be the default behavior.

There have been several replies to my posts, but I haven't received any notifications. Is there a setting in my control panel that enables such notifications? I haven't found one.

qomni

Last edited by qomni; 2012-02-02 at 07:05 PM..

I'm not aware of a method to have this turned on for every post, but you can subscribe to notifications on a thread-by-thread basis, including those where you haven't posted.

If you click on Thread Tools while viewing a message, one of the choices is to subscribe to that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you click on Thread Tools while viewing a message, one of the choices is to subscribe to that thread.
Thanks! I've participated in similar forums, where notification is handled by a global setting, so my first thought was to check my Control Panel settings.

Thanks to you comment I now found the Thread Tools menu and chose "Subscribe to this thread."(on the post page) and

AS far as I can tell, the only feedback indicating that I've subscribed is the "Unsubscribe from this thread" ... which now appears when I click the Thread Tools menu.

Clunky but good enough.

MUCH appreciated!

qomni

Click on Settings, then List Subscriptions, and you'll get a list of all the threads to which you've subscribed...

A superior approach, IMHO, is to read everything and try to figure out the answers :-)