The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
10.8.1 Seems to have broken Clip-o-tron Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Do we know if OF 1.10.2 is fully ready for Mountain Lion? Any issues that would dictate against upgrading to ML as soon as it comes out?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Do we know if OF 1.10.2 is fully ready for Mountain Lion? Any issues that would dictate against upgrading to ML as soon as it comes out?
(We've posted an Omni releases for Mountain Lion web page with download links for each our apps that are fully ready.)

OmniFocus 1.10.2 runs fine on Mountain Lion, but it does have some setup issues with Mail integration. (Mail has moved things into a sandbox, so those things are not where OmniFocus expects them to be.) Also, there's no longer an iCal to sync task lists with (those have moved to the new Reminders app), so that feature no longer works on Mountain Lion.

We're working on an update to fix the Mail setup issues and to remove the iCal sync preference pane (when running on 10.8). Since this update doesn't introduce anything of benefit to older operating systems, it will only support 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and later. (If you're on 10.5 or 10.4, you can continue to run the version you have now.)

If this update isn't ready before Mountain Lion ships (any day now!), there are some easy workarounds for the Mail setup issues which you can apply yourself. We'll post instructions for that when Mountain Lion ships.
 
Hmmm.... This is going to change my workflow considerably... I would put certain OmniFocus contexts to an iCal calendar. Then I would use BusyCal to look at tasks on the calendar itself. I don't like looking at a task list in iCal. I prefer to see the task on the calendar itself.

Now I'll have to see what I need to do to get a month view with due tasks showing up on the calendar.

Maybe OmniFocus 2 will show tasks in a scrolling monthly view or scrolling weekly view? I love being able to see tasks in a forecast view either on a weekly basis or on a monthly basis (the next 30 days).
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
Now I'll have to see what I need to do to get a month view with due tasks showing up on the calendar.

Maybe OmniFocus 2 will show tasks in a scrolling monthly view or scrolling weekly view? I love being able to see tasks in a forecast view either on a weekly basis or on a monthly basis (the next 30 days).
Yes, for OmniFocus 2 we're building a Forecast view which shows your upcoming tasks grouped by day along with your calendar appointments, similar to what we've done on the iPad and iPhone.
 
Arrgggh. I know you won't (and can't) answer this question, but when??? When will OF 2 be available, even for beta?

I don't mean to be critical, and I understand that the need for resources to be directed in certain areas, and I know you are all doing your best, and I know that it is crucial to get it right, but I do feel like I've been waiting for at least 2 years. Can you give us a hint? 6 months? A year? Anything?
 
Does this mean an end to publishing task reminders to a .ICS file hosted on a WedDav server? This is how I make sure I get reminders about due tasks when I may not have remembered to open OmniFocus on my devices after making changes on my Mac.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonclarke View Post
Does this mean an end to publishing task reminders to a .ICS file hosted on a WedDav server? This is how I make sure I get reminders about due tasks when I may not have remembered to open OmniFocus on my devices after making changes on my Mac.
No. That will very much continue to work!
 
Here are details on the workarounds for setting up the Clip-o-Tron 3000 and Mail Rule on Mac OS X 10.8: http://www.omnigroup.com/support/omnifocus-mtn-lion
 
Is there any chance that tasks can be integrated into the Reminders app so that we have a consolidated view within iCal?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfo View Post
Is there any chance that tasks can be integrated into the Reminders app so that we have a consolidated view within iCal?
Sorry. Not iCal. But rather Reminders so that the OS can remind us when something is due.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clip-o-Tron with or without attachements johnrover OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2012-05-02 10:57 AM
Can clip o tron go somewhere other than the inbox mskopel OmniFocus 1 for Mac 0 2012-04-29 06:38 PM
Cannot set-up Clip-O-Tron on 10.6. Tinchohs OmniFocus 1 for Mac 19 2010-04-28 08:54 PM
clip-o-tron broken due to flat forwarding jbkendrick OmniFocus 1 for Mac 0 2009-12-06 06:29 PM
Clip-O-Tron 3000... frankmcma OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2008-08-01 07:16 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.