The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selection of the entire URL with 1 click Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like that the address field in the toolbar behaves similar to IE:

1) The 1st click on the URL selects the entire URL and allows instant typing of another URL.
The 2nd click does the same as the 1st actually does.

OR

2) Option-click in the URL selects the entire URL and allows instant typing of another URL.
Clicking without opt-key does the same as it actually does.

If you click on the favicon, the entire url is highlighted--we prefer this solution to the issue than changing the way that a text field normally works. You will note that Safari does the same.

Thanks!! That's an excellent solution and I've learned it now :rolleyes: don't know all the features of OW, sorry ;)

Since 2002 or 2003 I didn't use Safari but OW:)

Always glad when it is so easy to make a customer happy!

Clicking the favicon is great trick. But I don't expect I'll use it much.

When I select the entire URL, my next action is Command-C, Command-V or typing a domain name. Since my hands are already headed to the keyboard, I start by selecting the current URL with Command-L.

I prefer the shortcuts, too, and Cmd-L is even better indeed. In my office I have to use Windows - no chance for Mac - that's why I'm usually clicking the URL.

There aren't a whole lot of changes that I would be in complete opposition of, but this would be one of them. Personally, I can't, even a tiny bit, stand how IE does it. Drives me nuts.

I like the way other Mac apps handle this and I like the fact that (most) all are the same.

single click=insert
double click=select word
triple click=select line