The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

chemical process diagrams Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

I have Omnigraffle Professional (5.2.1), and Im trying to use it for creating chemical process engineering charts. I have found some basic charts in Graffletopia: Chemical Eng. 1, 2 and 3. But they are too basic.

Does Anyone know where I could find complete stencils for chemical process diagrams?
any suggestionż?

thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by msal
... any suggestionż?
I would ask ...

* Have you done a global internet search for such pictures?
* Are your needs perhaps going beyond the abilities of OmniGraffle and you should instead be using an app specifically designed to create chemical process diagrams (ChemCad, Aspen ...)?

Thanks Dr JJWMac for your answer:
* I did a global internet search for such pictures but I couldn't find anything for Omnigraffle, I've found for VISIO the complete chemical process.
* Could be a possibility: Omnigraffle is not the right soft for my purposes. But as far as I know Omnigraffle is a substitute for VISIO on Mac OS (and I know that I can make the complete process flow using VISIO).
ChemCad, Aspen, etc are software for simulation process and I do not need such kind of complexity. I just want to make process charts.
I dont know an alternative app for Mac OS.

I cannot help any further other than to suggest, it seems that you may need to do one of four things ...

* switch to Visio
* switch to something else

* find and download the images you want, then paste them in to OmniGraffle appropriately
* create your own images in OmniGraffle

thanks. MS