The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hosts that work with OmniPresence Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We realize customers might have different ideas about what constitutes a perfect host for their data. We think Omni Sync Server is a great option to get started, but we explicitly designed OmniPresence so you can take your data anywhere. (Well, mostly anywhere. It needs to fully support WebDAV.)

So, we're going to keep track of worthwhile hosts. Some provide really high levels of encryption; some provide more space for free than others.

Do let us know if we can include any others on this list.

Here we go:

Last edited by Brian; 2013-06-27 at 01:30 PM..

Ben Madin has graciously written up some instructions on hosting OmniPresence using Amazon Web Services.

Does this work with Mountain Lion Mac OS X server?

J.

John:

Yes! Here's an article with instructions for getting set up.

CloudSafe seems to be working fine

I have a WebDAV share set up with Dreamhost but OmniPresence complains that an unknown method, PROPFIND, is being used. Is that an issue on the part of the WebDAV server's config?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharpole View Post
I have a WebDAV share set up with Dreamhost but OmniPresence complains that an unknown method, PROPFIND, is being used. Is that an issue on the part of the WebDAV server's config?
UPDATE: after I waited a few more minutes to try again, it worked. The WebDAV setup must not have been fully provisioned at the time.

DropDAV.com has added official OmniPresence support, enabling OmniPresence synced folders in your Dropbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcs View Post
DropDAV.com has added official OmniPresence support, enabling OmniPresence synced folders in your Dropbox.
We probably need to stay away from recommending anything that has an additional layer of sync on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaz View Post
CloudSafe seems to be working fine
Doesn't work for me. I get message:

WebDAV server failed conformance test.

Move of collection should return the correct destination URL.

I would really like to use CloudSafe.