The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View as Calendar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One feature I would really like is the ability to view the project as I would view a Calendar (see attachment), but not in iCal (currently if you export multi-day tasks into iCal, in the Month View the tasks to not span the days as they are not marked as "All Day" tasks) - I have enough calendars in iCal to manage with kGTD and the rest...

This would primarily be used as a communication tool for other (non-PM'ed) groups, and would necessarily need an option to export something nice and readible to HTML to post to project sites.

It seems to me you could easily appropriate the current Calendar View (which is really misnamed: it's not a Calendar View but really a Resource Work Hours view) and move that functionality to somewhere on the Inspector.

Loving OmniPlan. Thanks for a great app...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	495
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	164  

We have a feature request for this, so I'll add a vote for you. :)

Last edited by skwirl; 2008-07-17 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: typo!

I would find such a calendar view feature very useful as a communications tools.
Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussleTop
I would find such a calendar view feature very useful as a communications tools.
Cheers.
I'll add a vote for you too RussleTop.

Please add mine too - our project will involve a range of people at various stages and it will be great to let them know in advance

Vote added. :-)

Please add my vote too. As it is the calendar doesn't provide any useful information.

Vote added!

I was just wondering how this was coming along? I'd like to add my vote for this feature.

Thanks,

Danny

Please add my vote also