The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb not Splunking Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb does not work with Splunk 2.x (probably works with Splunk 3 beta on account that I think it is flash-based... but that is only a guess)

It doesn't work in Safari either. However, I can get it to work in Safari by using the latest WebKit from trunk. I built WebKit, ran Safari and Splunk works now. (Splunk detects Safari and says it won't work, but it does.)

I try running OmniWeb by the following script:

#!/bin/sh
WEBKIT_UNSET_DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH="yes"
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Users/newchaos/WebKit/WebKitBuild/Release/
open /Applications/OmniWeb.app/

OmniWeb runs, but doesn't work with Splunk in the way that Safari does with the new WebKit. Is my script wrong or will OmniWeb not honor DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH?

I have been evaluating OmniWeb as a possible replacement for FF,Safari,Camino, etc. If it does all the regular stuff I need I would buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately one of those things I need it to do is Splunk.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

OmniWeb uses its own custom webkit, so just pointing it at a latest webkit is prolly a bad idea, whether or not it will try and load it.