The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start/Due time UI Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanekay View Post
Start and due dates definitely need to have a time [...].
I don't see why setting a time on a strat/due date cannot be optional. Make it a user preference to show the time wheel by default, or to have it hidden under a button somewhere. I'd like to establish a default time of, say 9 AM for all tasks and only change it when necessary.

Perhaps instead of having to invoke the keyboard for natural language input like "next tuesday", we could have a series of buttons with the days of the week, and the words month, week, and year. Click "Thu" to set the date to next Thursday; click it twice to set it to the Thursday after next Thursday. Same with the other buttons. Provide textual feedback so user knows input is correct.

Last edited by HiramvdG; 2008-08-14 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Removed irrelevant part of quote, and fixed typo

I really like the idea of preset buttons marked TODAY, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, etc. I use those "fuzzy" conventions a LOT on the desktop version of OF and have come to really rely on them.